Brad Altman practices personal injury law. He has devoted his career to representing clients who have undergone serious injuries and death caused by the actions of other persons or corporations. Through tenacious preparation, commitment to the client, commitment to detail, and zealous advocacy in the courtroom, Mr. Altman has recovered millions of dollars for his clients through settlements and verdicts.
He is licensed to practice law in Texas and Oklahoma, as well as in the U.S. Federal Courts of the Northern and Western Districts of Texas. In 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Brad has been named a “Super Lawyer-- Rising Star” by Texas Monthly, which represents the top 2.5% of up and coming Texas attorneys under the age of 40.
A graduate of Baylor University, Brad is an avid Bears fan. Following graduation, he completed law school in Houston at South Texas College of Law before coming to Altman Legal Group in 1996.
Brad and his wife, SueAnn have two children, Brooke and John William. He is a native of Wichita Falls, and graduated from Wichita Falls High School. He is an active member of First Baptist Church. While at Baylor, he was a member of the Baylor University tennis team as well as the Sigma Chi fraternity.
Brad enjoys time with his family and continues his athletics through road bike racing (USCF CAT.4), playing tennis, mountain biking and running. He also enjoys scuba diving, snow/water skiing, golf, and many other sports. Brad is also a private pilot and holds an instrument rating.
Brad is admitted to practice in the following courts:
- All State Courts in Texas
- All State Courts in Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court in the Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- Baylor University (B.B.A, 1993)
- South Texas College of Law (Houston, TX) (J.D., 1996)
- State Bar of Texas (1996-present)
- State Bar District 14A Grievance Committee (2006-2010; Chair, 2008-2010)
- State Bar of Oklahoma (2002-present)
- Wichita County Bar (1996-present)
- Board of Directors (2006-2007)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (1996-present) (Board of Directors 2013- )
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association (2007-present)
- American Association of Justice (Formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America) (1996-present)
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association
- Northwest Texas Council - Boy Scouts of America
- Executive Board (1998-2010)
- Council Attorney (2001-2010)
- Hospice of Wichita Falls
- North Texas United Way
- Wichita Falls Traffic Safety Commission
- Wichita Falls Aviation Safety Committee
- Christ Academy, Board of Trustees
- Active member, First Baptist Church of Wichita Falls