Updated: April 20, 2010
Information we collect
To better serve site visitors, Altman Legal Group collects two basic types of information:
- Personally identifiable information: This is information that personally identifies one individual from another (for example, names, e-mail addresses and other contact information). This information is voluntarily provided to us by our site visitors and is used by us for the purpose of fulfilling requests or inquiries.
- Aggregate user and tracking information: This information gives us insights on how our site visitors use our site. This data is anonymous and does not contain any personally identifiable information. We use this information to ensure that our website, e-mails and marketing efforts continue to appeal to our site visitors.
Information you voluntarily provide to Altman Legal Group
Altman Legal Group only collects personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide, when you sign up to receive communications from us, or send us an e-mail. Examples of such personally identifiable information that you provide to us may include, among other information, your name, physical address, email address, and phone number.
Altman Legal Group only requires personally identifiable information from you when it is needed to complete your request for information or when you voluntarily decide to register to receive communications from us.
Other information Altman Legal Group collects
When you visit the Altman Legal Group website, we may automatically collect some information about your visit using cookies, log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies.
How Altman Legal Group uses the information we collect
Altman Legal Group may use your non-personally identifiable information it collects during your site visit or during your interaction with our e-mails for other purposes including without limitation, the following:
- To better monitor in aggregate the effectiveness of our online and offline advertising and marketing campaigns.
- To better monitor in aggregate how visitors are using our site.
- To ensure that our website and e-mails continue to provide relevant content that is interesting and useful to our visitors.
- To uncover and diagnose problems with our site and servers.
- For day-to-day system administration needs.
What you will receive from Altman Legal Group
We only want to send you communications and information that you expect to receive or that you have requested.Answering your inquiries
If you send us or phone in a question or offer a suggestion, we may use your e-mail address, telephone number or postal address to respond to you.
How Altman Legal Group protects your information
Altman Legal Group understands that the safety of your personal information is extremely important to you. Accordingly, Altman Legal Group uses both electronic and other measures to keep your information protected from unauthorized access. Due to the nature of the Internet and related technology, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and Altman Legal Group expressly disclaims any such obligation.
About this policy
Policies for Users of the Site Under Age 18
The site is not intended for use by individuals under 18 years of age. Users under the age of 18 should get the permission of a parent or guardian to use the Altman Legal Group site. Altman Legal Group does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18 at our site, except for the limited circumstances described below. In the event a child under the age of 18 submits a question to us at our site and identifies his or her age, we may use the child’s email address for the sole purpose of responding to the child’s question on a one-time-only basis. However, we will not use the child’s email address for further contact and we will remove the address from our records after we have initially responded.
Accessing and updating your information; Opting out
Visitors who would like to correct, update or delete any personally identifiable information may contact us with a request to do so.We may take a reasonable period of time to respond to any request to update or modify any information, or to opt out of or unsubscribe from any communications. If you request the deletion or modification of your personal information maintained by us, such information may be retained for a period of time in our backup systems as a precaution against system failures. Some information may be retained for longer periods as required by law, contract or auditing requirements.
If you have questions